Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How do I change a starter?

I need to change the starter on my 2000 Chevy Malibu. I'm not into cars or how to fix them. I can do brakes and oil changes. Change belts and spark plugs. The small stuff. But I have no clue how to change a starter. Can anybody help?
How do I change a starter?
if you can do the brake you can do the starter.. undo the battery jack it up remove the wires if you can then the bolts that hold the starter sometimes you cant get to the wires first if not dont drop it but let it down enough to get them off your done... not a hard job about as easy as the brakes remember how the wires went your good
How do I change a starter?
Uh, unbolt it and bolt the new one in??? Lol, J/k



Go to autzone and read in the haynes repair manual and find out where it is located.



1-Take the negative battery cable Off so that you dont cause a fire or a eltrical short or shock yourself and fry your new starter.



2-get a pair of pliers or small wrenchs and take off the nut holding the eltrical connector to the starter.



3- Unbolt the 2 bolts holding the starter in place and reverse these procedures putting your new one in.



4- sell the car.



Malibus are unreliable and are all lemons.





You should be able to find the starter youself if you know what it looks like it should be on the side of the transmition somewhere not sure on a malibu.