Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Changed starter , i get a clicking sound from my relays all my lights comes on but still my car will not star

1995 mercury tracer trio 1.9L
Changed starter , i get a clicking sound from my relays all my lights comes on but still my car will not star
sounds like the battery to me, maybe a bad battery connection if the battery is good, If not check your starter solenoid.
Changed starter , i get a clicking sound from my relays all my lights comes on but still my car will not star
check the starter connections, if they are tight, then you can cross the poles on the starter just to see if the engine turns. with a long screwdriver blade.....BE CAREFUL, it will spark, so all you need to do is see it happen......if nothing happens, you have a bad solenoid and need a NEW, NEW starter.