Friday, September 23, 2011

Do i have to lift my motor a bit in my 1988 toyota 4runner to get the starter out?

i already tried to change my starter and i couldt get it out. too much stuff in the way. is there an easier way for em to do this?
Do i have to lift my motor a bit in my 1988 toyota 4runner to get the starter out?
No, I had an 88 toyota 4x4 truck and replaced the starter fairly easily but I reached it thru the wheel well, it had to come foward and up thru the top it was a liitle aggravating but not bad nothing was removed or lifted. the truck should be the same as the 4runner.
Do i have to lift my motor a bit in my 1988 toyota 4runner to get the starter out?
Are you absolutely sure the starter is the problem?? NEVER replace any part till you know the problem. If your truck don't start I would bet it's not the starter. What is the problem ? maybe you can save a lot of effort and $$$