Friday, September 23, 2011

I changed my starter and now it makes a grinding noise,like its already been started and u try and start it ag?

need help asap,I bought it as a refurbished 1
I changed my starter and now it makes a grinding noise,like its already been started and u try and start it ag?
Your starter is too close to the flywheel, you'll have to install shims between the starter and bellhousing. Ask for shims at your local auto parts store (tell them what it's for). You'll have to keep adding shims until the grinding noise stops.
I changed my starter and now it makes a grinding noise,like its already been started and u try and start it ag?
sounds like it might need a shim added so that it is not so deep into the flywheel . Also make sure the holes are not slotted and the starter just needs adjusting. The starter gear and flywheel are not lined up properly . they is why the noise .. You need to fix or it will break teeth off the fly wheel and cost several hundred dollars to replace..
wrong starter ,,,,

may need shims,,,,,

also chedk for slotted mounting holes,,,,,

but if its a reman,,,, double check its the right starter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



good luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • help with flat screen tvs
  • medium length hair
  •