Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Starter on a 1987 Nissan pickup Truck?

How do I change my starter on a 1987 2WD 4 cyl. Nissan Pickup Truck and where can i find a diagram?
Starter on a 1987 Nissan pickup Truck?
your best bet is to get a repair manual
Starter on a 1987 Nissan pickup Truck?
The starter is there under the intake manifold and held on with two 14 mm headed long bolts from the front top and bottom bolt fron the back side transmission side. A couple 3%26quot; extensions and 14mm socket and bloody knuckles. You will have the feeling of a mechanic. Just disconnect the battery first 10mm battery clamp. The battery terminal at the starter is a 12mm nut and don't forget to reconnect the battery ground under the starter bolt from the back side. A good mechanic can perform the job in less than a hour. I have done Lot's of them and know how to maneuver the starter in and out so It takes me about 15 minutes. Of course I have almost $100.000 in snap-on tools and 35 years experience.