Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Acer netbook with Windows 7 Starter keeps changing screen saver settings?

I have an Acer netbook with Windows 7 Starter, as I said, and it keeps locking itself (as if I'm hitting Win+L) after 5 minutes of me not using it.

What's causing it is the screen saver setting. I've set it to %26quot;none,%26quot; so no screen saver comes on, but what happens is it just locks. It displays the log-on screen after 5 minutes, no matter how many minutes I set it to wait for. It can have %26quot;60%26quot; in the box, but it locks after 5. And when I turn the computer off, it resets itself to say 5 minutes.



How can I fix this?
Acer netbook with Windows 7 Starter keeps changing screen saver settings?
I have the same computer (but not a notebook)

Go to start

Go to control Panel

Go to appearance and personalization

Go to change screen saver

A screen should pop up and say Screen Saver Settings

Choose a screen saver like mine is the bubbles one

on the wait Put 99 minutes

next to it, it should say Resume display Logon screen

if you hate putting your password Just Unclick that

It should work

Than Click Apply

after apply click ok

I hope I helped