Thursday, October 6, 2011

How long will my starter last? Had to start it by turning the key while hitting the starter with a hammer.?

never had a problem with my truck starting before, I've had it for two years, but four days ago my starter was broke. i've started my truck around 20 times since. I was wondering if this would be a recurring problem. should I change my starter?
How long will my starter last? Had to start it by turning the key while hitting the starter with a hammer.?
lol, it won't last too long if you keep hitting it with a hammer
How long will my starter last? Had to start it by turning the key while hitting the starter with a hammer.?
No, I am sure it will just fix itself.
change the starter before you get stuck completely
Same problem I had with my Explorer - it went on intermittently for about a week - I procrastinated - then one day......well, I think you know the rest of the story.

Get it replaced asap before you get stranded.
If you're already hitting the starter with a hammer then you need to replace it before that solenoid inside fails completely.
Go get another starter!!
dr. car guy is right